Tweet Follow @sfitzyfly The people I meet everyday.

Monday 14 May 2012

Thanks.

This is a bit strange - where do you start writing the first sentence of your first ever blog? I suppose you start by making it relevant to the title.

So who did I meet today? Do I begin to talk about the surly receptionist who grunted at me when I asked her how she was at 8am? I got a curt response from someone who really shouldn't greet the public until well after midday. Or without coffee.

The person who I'd like to compliment and thank today is my surgeon.

A little over two years ago that man saved my life by performing an intense operation to fix a congenital hereditary problem with my heart. Today, after numerous consultations, blood tests, echocardiograms, stress tests and other routine checks - he told me that he doesn't need to see me for at least another year.

I have passed all the various tests he has put before me in the interim and is now fairly happy with my progress.

I suppose this is day one of the rest of my life.

No comments: